Hunkering Down For the Deluge and Flood in the Climate Casino // May 16, 2019
Many places are experiencing torrential rain deluges with epic flooding. This includes my city; almost all of North America, and many other places. Here I chat on practical ways you can reduce risks of your place flooding.
Near a river you have little choice:
- Jack your place up one story;
- build a dirt and grass berm around your property;
- or move while your place still has value.
Away from rivers; overland flooding is a big risk.
- Slope land away from your house,
- point downspouts well away;
- have a sump pump, and
- install back-flow valves on your basement drainage.
In Canada, very accurate Digital Elevation Maps (DEMs) will be released soon, to determine your places flood exposure risks, and will greatly influence property desirability and thus your house price.
Please consider donating to support my work. I put a lot of time and effort into researching, studying and producing my videos so that you can learn how quickly our world is changing. Donating does not need a PayPal account, but simply a credit card. Please click here.