Friday 15 October, 2021
Before I do a new video later today or tomorrow on Earth albedo measured from Earthshine on the moon, I am eager to share about my new COP26 fundraiser.
I have the plane ticket, AirBnB, and am prepping like crazy…
Help Paul Go To COP26 – UN Climate Conference.
Paul Beckwith, well-known climate system scientist/physicist/engineer and educator, will be attending the UN Climate Change Conference from October 31 to November 12, 2021, in Glasgow, Scotland. The conference will feature the 26th session of the Conference of the Parties (COP 26) to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). His travel expenses will be out-of-pocket.
Based in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, Paul is a respected creator of entertaining and comprehensible videos, usually pertaining to climate system science, abrupt climate change, meteorology, oceanography and Earth Sciences. He also occasionally teaches at the University of Ottawa and is often asked by concerned citizens and government officials to speak at conferences and events, and has participated in numerous panel discussions. He participated in several panel discussions at COP25 in Madrid and has often been interviewed as a guest on various radio and podcast programs.
During his time at COP 26, Paul will be participating in panel discussions, providing climate reports and reporting on carbon dioxide levels. He will also have the opportunity to meet with other noted scientists and activists such as Dr. Peter Wadhams (Head of the Polar Ocean Physics Group), Stephen Salter (Emeritus Professor of Engineering Design at the University of Edinburgh, and Dr. Ye Tao of the Rowland Institute at Harvard University as well as distinguished youth activists.
Paul is planning on recording videos every day. Some of the topics covered will include:
• Carbon Dioxide Drawdown Via Ocean Pasture Restoration
• Water: Crumbling Coastlines, Storm Surges and Massive Flooding
• Flaming Forests, Charred Cities, Smoking Permafrost, and Loss of Carbon Sinks
• Cascading Abrupt Climate Change Feedbacks
• Everything YOU Need to Know About Climate Changing Jet Streams
• Global Climate Mayhem: Weather Wilding, Weirding and Whiplashing
• How the Meme of Money Fuels Planetary Destruction
• Oceans in Peril: Heating, Stratification, Acidification, and Deoxygenation
• Likelihood for Global Food Shortages and Famine Within One Decade
• Climate Forced Migration of People, Animals, and Yes; Plants
• Effective Climate Reality Education for the Public Masses
• Understanding Both Risk and Exponential Growth are VITAL to Planetary Survival
• Fossil Fuel Subsidized Destruction of Life on Earth
• Heat Waves and Drought Create Uninhabitable Regions
• Our Global Dimming Faustian Dilemma: What to Do?
• Scientists Yell From Rooftops; Politicians go Blah, Blab, Blah…
• Marine Cloud Brightening
• Human Health Decline and Spiking Climate Change Mortalities
• Climate Restoration Triad: Our Three-Legged Barstool Approach
Paul’s expenses will include:
• Transportation/airfare from Ottawa, Canada, to Glasgow, Scotland – approximately $ 1000.00
• Accommodations while in Glasgow – approximately $ 1000.00
• Meals and transportation while in Glasgow – approximately $ 500.00
• Technical equipment – approximately $ 300.00
• Required COVID-19 testing – approximately $ 500.00
Paul’s participation in COP 26 will undoubtably help spread public awareness and understanding regarding climate change. The climate crisis has already had a huge impact on particular regions and nations, and is a global emergency. Let us help Paul in his mission to raise awareness regarding the global climate emergency.
He would be most grateful for every single donation.
Besides GoFundMe above, and easy to use Donate feature, at this wordpress, you can also use Patreon.
Pingback: Us and climate change – We can do much more than we think | From guestwriters