Sad Slushy Sloppy Spiraling South Status of Shrinking Arctic Sea Ice: Part 1 of 2 // Jun 28, 2019
I chat about the sorry slushy spiraling downward sloppy state of what is otherwise known as Arctic Sea-Ice, and the profound consequences to weather and climate that result from feedback’s causing Arctic temperature amplification to slowing wavier jet streams. I go into the nitty-gritty details of plots and maps that can easily be found by Googling “Arctic Sea Ice Graphs” and having fun by clicking things.
Arctic Sea-Ice Slippery Slope Spiralling Southward Shrinkage to Blue Ocean Event: Part 2 of 2 // Jun 28, 2019
Second video, continues where first video left off.
Abrupt Climate Change Mechanisms Causing Profoundly Disturbing European Heatwave: Part 1 of 2 // Jun 28, 2019
Feline “Shackleton the Explorer” puts on a brave faced cameo appearance as a prelude to my exceedingly profoundly disturbing chat on the ongoing European Heatwave.
- Almost 500 million people in Europe are being subject to exceedingly high heatwave temperatures in June that exceed those dangerous conditions in the 2003 July/August heatwave that killed 70,000 Europeans (50,000 in France alone).
- A very slow, very wavy, persistently stuck Jet Stream ridge lies over Europe; carrying exceedingly hot dry air from the Sahara Desert northward, humidifying it over the rapidly warming Mediterranean Sea, and
- transporting this very hot humid air over vast regions of densely populated Europe, with its lack of air conditioning (2% in Germany; 5% in France).
Abrupt Climate Change Mechanisms Causing Profoundly Disturbing European Heatwave: Part 2 of 2 // Jun 28, 2019
A packet of air sitting over the Sahara Desert
- gets rapidly warmed up by the relentless heat of the Sun in a cloudless sky, with single digit relative humidity (dry) conditions, and 50+ C temperatures.
- Transported northward by the stuck jet stream ridge, it crosses the rapidly warming water surface of the Mediterranean Sea where it reaches relative humidities of 70 to 80%.
- Saturated with water vapour, it continues northward guided under the jet stream ridge to cover vast areas of Europe with unbearable temperatures (reaching 45.9 C) and high humidities.
And it is only June; what will July and August be like?
Please consider donating to support my work. I put a lot of time and effort into researching, studying and producing my videos so that you can learn how quickly our world is changing. Donating does not need a PayPal account, but simply a credit card. Please click here.